Re: Yaesu AMBE chip

beaupeppybrandypip@...

What I'm hoping, is that Yaesu aren't using the AMBE-3000F-P25 or AMBE-3000F-SAT chips. If they are, then that would explain a couple of things.

Those two other variants of the AMBE-3000 chip both provide two different variants on the exact same channel bit rates (2450 and 7200) that Yaesu Fusion use (V/D type 2 and Voice FR).

I can't yet test Fusion V/D type 1 mode with the ThumbDV as I don't have any uncompressed recorded WAV files containing the raw C4FM. And our local Fusion repeater won't be installed and working till close to christmas time.