Re: thumbdv problems

Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj@...>

On Jan 5, 2016, at 3:59 AM, gm4jnw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:
Firstly the mac as thats my preferred option.

Followed the step by step guide on the read me rtf file - i.e.: compiling in terminal etc

all directories seem to be in place when i plug in the thumbdv while buster is open it picks up /dev/cu.usbserial-DA01PT5C

so i presume its picking up the usb device ok.

The thumbdv flashes when plugging it in but only once and the led does not stay on.

at the bottom of buster it say

Product id: vocoder not found

Version: vocoder not found

I have been through al l the instructions about making directories etc etc and i can't find a fault

Am I missing something - shame its not a simple application install
I’m really lost here. What readme RTF file are you talking about? Unless I’m going senile at a very early age, I don’t recall shipping any RTF files with Buster.

It *IS* a simple application install. I don’t know where you’re getting the idea it isn’t. MacOS X “Mavericks” and “El Capitan” both come with the appropriate drivers already installed. You do not need to install any other drivers. Otherwise it’s just downloading it from the App Store and launching it. There should be no compiling or command line anything involved.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems