Re: thumbdv problems

"Randall C. Wilkinson" <randy@...>

On two Windows 10 desktop computers I use, I had the same problem. When you try to start WinDV, it stops working abruptly and exits, giving no reason for why. Windows just says DVnode has stopped working.

I fixed it by upgrading to the latest FTDI chip drivers from here:  http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Randy-W4LKS
Spokane, WA

On 1/5/2016 3:59 AM, gm4jnw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

Windows 10

More straight forward WinDV installs fine

all drivers install fine usb assigned to Com10 - unplug it and plug it in all ok.

Try to run DV node and it crashes and just says DV node has stopped working (thanks windows it never started) windows will close the program and notify you of a solution BUT it doesn't

I think its an issue with windows 10 but i cannot revert back to windows 7 as I'm too late.