Re: Thumb dv audio breakup

Les Norton <gm4jnw@...>

I did some tests and here are the details:
here are 3 tests i did:

1) transmit 8 seconds, return  6.8 seconds
2) transmit 11.3 secs return 7.8 seconds
3) transmit 15.1 secs return 11.1 seconds

So you can see the reason for the dropped words on transmission

Also restarted the router in case it was an internet issue.
Have pretty slow internet speed 2.2mbps but it never caused issues with my previous dongle.

I agree could be packet loss - have also shared the info with the retailer

On 5 Jan 2016, at 16:05, Kelly Keeton kellykeeton@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

What's your internet quality and uplink? Could just be simple packet loss

Sent from a mobile device.

On Jan 5, 2016, at 6:44 AM, gm4jnw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

am at a loss

Got the dongle today and got it working with buster and win dv (one macbook pro and one windows 10 laptop)

Every one i spoke to complained of audio breakup - did adjustments on built in mike on both computers and even used a plantronics external mike but nothing helped. Audio in seem reasonably good.

Anyone else had this problem?

Or is it a matter of returning it?