Re: Thumb dv audio breakup

Les Norton <gm4jnw@...>

No unfortunately i sold the old dongles but once mac software was available i decided to buy another.

Sounds like its down to my isp, if it is ill keep the dongle as in the future am sure my broadband speed will go up.

On 5 Jan 2016, at 19:50, 'John D. Hays' john@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Les Norton gm4jnw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

not good then, the retailer is also doing tests.

i can’t see anyway of altering  packet/audio buffering size in the software.
i am contacting my isp but they tend to have no interest, so long as you are getting emails etc.
they don’t understand the needs of radio hams.

This would affect any voip users as well.

if it can’t be sorted will have to return it under the retailers 7 day no quibble returns policy, which is a real shame.

i never had any problems with either the original dongle or the old blue dongle, thats what made me raise this.

Do you still have the old 'dongle' to test. It may a deterioration of your ISP circuit, or it may just be temporary.