Re: dmr for nwdigital

K6ST Barry Bettman <k6st@...>

Thanks Mike.  I have a DVthumb and want to run DMR on it.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 11:25 AM, mikezingman@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Barry,

If you are asking about the DV3000 or the ThumbDV, then yes I have done this.  I am in the middle of working on an application that allows one to use the DV3000/ThumbDV just like the DummyRepeater mode works for DStar.  I have been using it for a while and it works very well on both TX and RX.  This is part code is an outgrowth of a project to create a gateway between DMR and ALLStar/Asterisk and that project is nearing its completion.  Once I get a chance, I will open source the code and others can build on my efforts.

A bad youtube video:

DMRDongle480
DMRDongle480
Test with the DMRDongle GUI
Preview by Yahoo

The quality was not up to what I wanted so I never released it, but I am tied up with some family things at the moment and this will have to do.  I will do a better one at some point.

Mike N4IRR