Re: Newbie question

"neil_g7eby" <g7eby.neil@...>

It may be possible, but it is frowned upon to do so, except on a few dedicated reflectors which have Echolink (analog) connectivity.

Some XRF reflectors do indeed have this and use an 'Analog Bridge' to go from an analog port number to a D-Star reflector.

If you want to do this on a permanent basis, I suggest you ask the FreeStar team or Barry, G8SAU, as they have live reflectors doing this.

However, for a more practical analog to echolink bridge/gateway, I'm sure this radio could be adopted by those interested, when the AMBE board is available.

Neil G7EBY.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "carter_hutchinson" <zydecos@...> wrote:

I missed this at Dayton. Can I use this with my analog HT and connect to the dstar network, or do I need an Icom dstar HT?
73
K9kjn