Re: Two products now and no UDRX-440

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

Hi Paul, actually it’s 3 products now with the UDRC.

The UDRX remains our top priority internally. The other products were actually developed to allow some of the UDRX features to be tested easier.

The PiDV was built specifically for the UDRX to add AMBE Vocoder to the radio. Releasing it first got D-STAR integrated and tested by others.

The ThumbDV was just a re-packaging of the PiDV for Flex Radio.

The UDRC was initially developed to have an easier cheaper platform for audio testing and shares Power Supply and Audio CODEC design with the UDRX. The software work has focused on building the automated build process and software delivery/update mechanism which will be used on the UDRX

The development work for these products did not use any UDRX resources. We remain totally committed to the UDRX. Each of these products has helped out by generating much needed revenue to support UDRX Development.

Keep the faith,
Bryan K7UDR

On Mar 25, 2016, at 1:47 PM, ve7dhm@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Great to see product diversification for NWDigitalRadio.  But, what is the status of the UDRX-440?  Yes I have seen the latest video demonstration but where in the priority line does the UDRX-440 sit regarding getting the product into the hands of those of us that initially signed up for a high speed 440 data radio?  Devices which expand the world of Amateur Radio via the internet are interesting but more and more Amateur Radio is just becoming part of the commercial infrastructure rather than Amateur Radio building radio networks.  The UDRX-440 has the promise of providing a different path for those of us that want to "play radio" versus a commercial infrastructure connection.

My UDRX-440 money still waiting to be spent....

Paul VE7DHM