Re: Problem installing software for DV3000

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Martin Kilgore dongle2188@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

My DV3000 dongle arrived today and I am trying to use it with Windows.

I downloaded NAtools64-1.0.15.exe from the Dutch site like it says on
the www.nwdigitalradio.com page. It will not install on either my
Windows 10 desktop OR my windows 8.1 laptop. Both times the installer
runs and throws an error that only says the installer stopped prematurely.

NAtools has nothing to do with the ThumbDV.  The program you want is WinDV version 1.5.8 Beta-3  See http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/  and  http://nwdigitalradio.com/windv-configuration/

So, questions:
1.) Is this the right path to use the dongle for DMR (at least to start)

2.) is this the only software or will others work with this dongle?

You can also use DummyRepeater and AMBEserver see the resource page above.

 As far as Linux, review the resource page.  There are several ways to get the software up and running. (DummyRepeater)  Yahoo! Groups ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller are for support of G4KLX programs.

Also, I have a chromebook running a dual-boot with Linux-ubuntu XFCE.
1.) Is it better to use this machine?
2.) Do I REALLY have to join 2 more yahoo groups (Ugh!) or can somebody
share a copy of the software for that?
3. I just use the Ubuntu software gizmo to add stuff to Linux. How would
I install this other software?

Thnx $ 73's
KJ6BQM