Re: What's on the UDRC board? How is GMSK frames decoded?

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

It also has a 5V 3 Amp buck regulrato which back-powers the Pi so it’s 12v compatible either externally or directly by the Yaesu DR1-X

Bryan K7UDR

On May 19, 2016, at 8:29 PM, John Hays john@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

It is a high end sound chip (CODEC) and the modem is done in software. It is packaged with GPIO pins brought out to monitor and control the DR-1X. Drivers for the sound CODEC and GPIO management are implemented to drive the UDRC and DR-1X repeater.

One could implement similar functionality in piecemeal fashion, however, NW Digital Radio has packaged it for you and makes for a simple installation.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2016, at 09:41, ngjdykstra@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I'm looking closely at the UDRC board to add d-star to a yeasu repeater.

What is on the board to make this work?  Is there a GMSK decoder on the board? or is this supposed to be done in software?  The colloquial description I have heard of the board, is that it's just a nicely packaged "sound card".

Thanks for the clarification!