Re: Where did the modulation go . . .

There is a sub-group for UDRC.

Going over wired or wireless does not make any difference to ircddbgateway.

Do you have ircddbgateway and dstarrepeater talking to each other over the 127.0.0.1 address? If you were using LAN addresses, that could be the disconnect.

If your alsa settings are correct, try shutting down and removing power to be sure nothing is in a unknown state.

Can you perform other network activity from the RPI over Wifi?

I will be doing Thanksgiving with the family so may not be available for hours at a time.

On Nov 24, 2016 15:47, <ab9ca@...> wrote:

OK, after several frustrating hours I finally got the UDRC to the
point where I could log on to reflectors. Heard the canned message
about being linked. But heard no reflector audio. I assume that is
because I had not yet set up port forwarding.

While trying to set up port forwarding something happened to my
router. Not sure what. Lost wired internet connectivity. Dunno what
caused it but eventually got it resolved and think the port forwarding
is set up. Have wired connectivity back.

While I had lost wired internet, the wireless still worked. So I set
the RPi up to connect wirelessly.  Apparently this is a mistake. The
docs are totally silent on this. No reason not to connect wireless,
right? The instant it connected wirelessly, the modulation
disappeared, and, numerous reboots and restarts later, it has not
re-appeared.

So why does the radio connection care about whether the internet is
wired or wireless?
And how do I get modulation back?

PTT is still working. I get dead carrier when the UDRC ID's. Note that
I also have no detection of RX modulation. Neither TX nor RX shows any
response. The internet connection does work, I can see the activity in
ircddbgatewayd.log. But nothing shows up in dstarrepeaterd@1.log. And
I hear nothing over the air. Monitoring with a RX set to analog FM.

I checked the levels in alsamixer and those appear to be OK.

73, dave
ab9ca/4