Re: IRCddB Help

The main thing is to open two terminal windows and tail the log files

tail -f /var/log/opendv/dstarrepeaterd_1.log
tail -f /var/log/opendv/ircddbgatewayd.log

Key up and see what they show -- dstarrepeater will show your headers, make sure they look right.  ircddbgateway will show the linking attempt.

Also go back through the dstarrepeater_1 configuration and make sure dplus is enabled and that you have a US Trust registered user callsign in the dplus login.  If those two are not in place you will be unable to link into dplus -- also realize the hosts files get out of date, so try different reflectors and I recommend, this step.  https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/Configuring-ircDDBgateway#Reflector-Host-Files

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM, Duff <wa7bfn@...> wrote:
Hi John 
Thanks again for all the help. got the DV memory right but am unable to connect to refs 
Haven't tried the Android app yet  
If you have an idea of where to look let me know  
Thanks again have a nice evening
Duff

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/3/16 6:54 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] IRCddB Help

This is often a user radio issue.

Make sure the radio is in DR mode with RPT1 as the module number and RPT2 as the 'G' module, and UR set to "Use Repeater" (On older radios you can set these individually and put CQCQCQ in the UR field).

The other thing to check is the /etc/opendv/dstargateway_1 configuration file and make sure you set

callsign=WW7DRX  B
gateway=WW7DRX  G

Using your repeater/gateway callsigns with the module letters in the 8th position.

Peruse both logs,  /var/log/opendv/dstarrepeaterd_1.log and /var/log/opendv/ircddbgatewayd.log

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Duff <wa7bfn@...> wrote:

Hi John and others....

worked on the IRCddB Gateway config this afternoon...  Unable to connect via the usual methods...

WE looked at the Log Sheet. it says...RPT2 has the same Call as RPT so shutting down or something..

I see activity on the logs..so it seems the pi is seeing the gateway..just not the other way...being able to communicate... Ideas?

Thanks

WA7BFN

Duff Spokane 

--

John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

--

John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.