Re: WinDV

Tom Cichowicz

I have seen that same symptom from time to time, and I'm running Windows 7 (x64).

The cause/solution always points to the com port - and the thumbdv being recognized correctly by the OS.

This can be corrected by removing and re-inserting the thumbdv perhaps taking more than one time to resolve.

I'm guessing that if you unplug the thumbdv from the computer and launch WinDV it will launch without those lines....

I have found this problem on the 4 computers I'm installed and run the Thumbdv on(all Win7).

Good luck.

--
Mobile: (941) 888-4519

(\__/)
(='.'=)   KM4VIG

Sent by pressing a send button.

On Dec 7, 2016, at 10:49 PM, Brendan O'Neill <brendan.oneill@...> wrote:

I have a ThumbDV and I'm trying to use WinDV on my Surface Pro 2 running Win10 and each time the WinDV loads it is troubled with grey/white diagonal lines rendering the app useless. I have uninstalled the app, did a regedit to remove all mentions, reinstalled and it continues to be troubled. I have played with screen resolution and color pallet and I cannot get the app to run correctly. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this? My current work around is using Buster on my MacBook Air, it's working but I'd like to solve that issue I am having in Windows 10 Surface.

73,

Brendan

KM4HRR