Re: error: unable to retrieve device version

j.lineback

Follow your instincts  and browse for DStar.  The first hit you should see is dstarinfo.  Front page says "Am I registered?"

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2016, at 10:03 PM, Jp Colville <colville500@...> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
REF030 C  and REF001 C  are two of the busiest - connect to them and listen for awhile.  Try putting out a call.

I don't use WinDV on a day to day basis (I tend to use RF or Buster with AMBEserver), so perhaps someone who does can provide additional input.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Jp Colville <colville500@...> wrote:
ok John....getting close....I can connect now, was messing with the gateway settings. I don't hear anyone...but  I am connected now. What should my gateway settings be?

-- aparently no one tells a guy he needs to register with the dstar network. Even the you tube vid i saw doesnt tell you that. Whynare they so secrative about getting this going, no directions from mw digital. i dont get it