ThumbDV and AMBEserver : Couldn't find start byte in serial data

Santu OTTAVI (TK1BI)

Hi,

I'm trying to run AMBEserver with a ThumbDV on a Raspberry Pi 2 running Raspbian (with kernel 4.4.38).

I compiled AMBEserver from DL5DI OpenDV GitHub.

I try to run it with the following command :
/usr/bin/AMBEserver -d -i /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 460800

It seems to start :
AMBEserver: Opened serial port /dev/ttyUSB0 at 460800 bps.

Then, after a few seconds, I get the following errors :
AMBEserver: Couldn't find start byte in serial data
AMBEserver: error receiving response to reset
AMBEserver: Could not initialize the DV3K!

ThumbDV is brand new, out-of-the-box. I tried both speeds of 230400 and 460800, with same results.

Please note I didn't follow the installation procedure described here :
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe/wiki/Installing-AMBEserver-on-a-Raspberry-Pi-and-ThumbDV%E2%84%A2
(I do not want to use an 'exotic' Linux distribution, I'd like to run it on standard Raspbian).

Thank you in advance. 73 de TK1BI