Re: VNC on Compass

Ian

On 15-02-2017 06:42, John B Brown wrote:
I cannot get realvnc to run on Compass. I've tried manually
installing it but without success. Any suggestions? I'm running
Compass on a RPI3 with full updates and upgrades
John B
AD7QQ
_._,_._,_

John,

I couldn't get VNC to work for me either, even after setting it using raspi-config; I'm using RemoteDesktopViewer. I have ircddbgateway and dummyrepeater running on the PI and found I can edit remotely using:-

ian@debian8:~$ ssh -X pi@....13
pi@....13's password:

then

pi@compasslite01:~ $ sudo -E ircddbgatewayconfig
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

and the ircddbgatewayconfig window appears on my desktop regardless of the error message and I can make " adjustments ".

Not the most elegant solution although it works for me..

Regards,

Ian..