From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
[mailto:main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ian
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:13 AM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] VNC on Compass

On 15-02-2017 06:42, John B Brown wrote:
I cannot get realvnc to run on Compass. I've tried manually
installing it but without success. Any suggestions? I'm running
Compass on a RPI3 with full updates and upgrades

John B

AD7QQ
_._,_._,_

John,

I couldn't get VNC to work for me either, even after setting it using
raspi-config; I'm using RemoteDesktopViewer. I have ircddbgateway and
dummyrepeater running on the PI and found I can edit remotely using:-

ian@debian8:~$ ssh -X pi@172.16.1.13
pi@172.16.1.13's password:

then

pi@compasslite01:~ $ sudo -E ircddbgatewayconfig
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

and the ircddbgatewayconfig window appears on my desktop regardless of the
error message and I can make " adjustments ".

Not the most elegant solution although it works for me..

Regards,

Ian..