Re: Call routing?

Andrew O'Brien

Thanks for the suggestions guys , I will try them .

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 25, 2017, at 12:17 PM, Jim Moen <jim@...> wrote:

I would try this test -- enable ircDDB and restart WinDV. Put target callsign in URCall. Should work the same as ICOM's callsign routing, as long as your target callsign is on a system with ircDDB enabled.

The other so-called callsign routing system is referred to as CCS7. It uses a different mechanism, and requires both your system and the target csllsign's system to be running ircDDBGateway (similar name but way different software).

It creates a virtual DCS reflector and connects both of you to it, so the callee does not have to hit the Callsign Capture button to reply.

If you want that, John's post shows how by using Dummy Repeater and ircDDBGateway.

But if ICOM's callsign routing works for you, I would give WinDV with ircDDB enabled a try.

Jim - K6JM

On February 24, 2017 8:07:39 PM PST, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK