Re: Dutch-Star web site

Lyn

From what I can’t tell, support has dried up for Buster. Four of the XRFs I want to use won’t link - there of them timeout and one says Doesn’t Exist. My email to the author went unanswered.

I assume these XRFs showed up after Buster 1.0 was released. Usually one would update a hosts files to add these, but apparently Buster has the connections hard coded in the app (my guess).  If so, it would required the author NH6Z or a competent C hacker to make updates.

I believe the source code is available per this link…

It looks like the code could be updated and re-released under another (completely different) name, Any takers for this task?

73,
KC8I - Lyn

PS - The voice prompt quite working after a recent macOS update.

On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:12 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@...> wrote:

Sorry John finger trouble, its early here haha
I meant to say RV e.g. my repeater is RV58

On 8 Mar 2017, at 08:07, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

I've not heard of DVU -- is this yet another linking system?

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:02 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@...> wrote:
The only issue I have is with Buster software as i use a Mac, there isn’t the number of channels that are available e.g.: any DVU channels, my local repeater is on DVU49.
I cannot find any DVU listed on Buster.
I haven’t tried any windows software as that would mean me buying windows to use just for D-star and dual booting.
Im in the UK

Les
G4JNW

On 8 Mar 2017, at 03:08, Phil Thompson <n39w121@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

I have been using the ThumbDV with WinDV for over a year, first with a Windows 7 laptop.  The Windows 7 laptop decided to leave this earth and I replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10, the ThumbDV, WinDV and / or Windows 10 are not getting along, I have not been able to get on to D-Star. I will be glad to say more.

Please let me know how you do.

That's my short story

Phil, W6PD