Thanks Dan. I’ll give it a try.

73,
Lyn - KC8I

On Mar 8, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Dan Porter <groups@...> wrote:

Actually, you can edit the DCS and DExtra host files.

Buster app -> Show package contents -> Contents -> Resources -> DCSReflectors.plist and DExtraReflectors.plist.

I think the REF host file may be coded in the app, though.

73, Dan - AI2M

On 8 Mar 2017, at 12:11, Lyn wrote:

From what I can’t tell, support has dried up for Buster. Four of the XRFs I want to use won’t link - there of them timeout and one says Doesn’t Exist. My email to the author went unanswered.

I assume these XRFs showed up after Buster 1.0 was released. Usually one would update a hosts files to add these, but apparently Buster has the connections hard coded in the app (my guess). If so, it would required the author NH6Z or a competent C hacker to make updates.

I believe the source code is available per this link…

https://github.com/mcdermj/buster <https://github.com/mcdermj/buster>

It looks like the code could be updated and re-released under another (completely different) name, Any takers for this task?

73,
KC8I - Lyn

PS - The voice prompt quite working after a recent macOS update.

On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:12 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@...> wrote:

Sorry John finger trouble, its early here haha
I meant to say RV e.g. my repeater is RV58

https://www.ukrepeater.net/my_channel.php?channel=RV58 <https://www.ukrepeater.net/my_channel.php?channel=RV58>

On 8 Mar 2017, at 08:07, John D Hays - K7VE <@john_hays <mailto:@john_hays>> wrote:

I've not heard of DVU -- is this yet another linking system?

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:02 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@... <mailto:gm4jnw@...>> wrote:
The only issue I have is with Buster software as i use a Mac, there isn’t the number of channels that are available e.g.: any DVU channels, my local repeater is on DVU49.
I cannot find any DVU listed on Buster.
I haven’t tried any windows software as that would mean me buying windows to use just for D-star and dual booting.
Im in the UK

Les
G4JNW
www.g4jnw.co.uk <http://www.g4jnw.co.uk/>

On 8 Mar 2017, at 03:08, Phil Thompson <n39w121@... <mailto:n39w121@...>> wrote:

Hi Dave

I have been using the ThumbDV with WinDV for over a year, first with a Windows 7 laptop. The Windows 7 laptop decided to leave this earth and I replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10, the ThumbDV, WinDV and / or Windows 10 are not getting along, I have not been able to get on to D-Star. I will be glad to say more.

Please let me know how you do.

That's my short story

Phil, W6PD

--