Re: Dutch-Star web site

Dan Porter (AI2M)

:-)

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 01:45 PM, Lyn wrote:
Dan,

Thanks for helping me find the secret handshake!

All four of the XREFs I wanted are now working just fine. Now all I need to do is copy the DExtra plist to a thumbdrive and upgrade the fleet.

Oh, and I need to organize and file away your instructions for the next time!

Best 73,
Lyn - KC8!

On Mar 8, 2017, at 11:18 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

I will look into providing new .plist files via http://ar-dns.net

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:14 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
I think the REF list gets pulled in when Buster authenticates with the DPLUS infrastructure.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Lyn <radiokc8i@...> wrote:
Thanks Dan. I’ll give it a try.

Lyn - KC8I

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Dan Porter <groups@...> wrote:
>
> Actually, you can edit the DCS and DExtra host files.
>
> Buster app -> Show package contents -> Contents -> Resources -> DCSReflectors.plist and DExtraReflectors.plist.
>
> I think the REF host file may be coded in the app, though.
>
> 73, Dan - AI2M
>
>
> On 8 Mar 2017, at 12:11, Lyn wrote:
>
>> From what I can’t tell, support has dried up for Buster. Four of the XRFs I want to use won’t link - there of them timeout and one says Doesn’t Exist. My email to the author went unanswered.
>>
>> I assume these XRFs showed up after Buster 1.0 was released. Usually one would update a hosts files to add these, but apparently Buster has the connections hard coded in the app (my guess).  If so, it would required the author NH6Z or a competent C hacker to make updates.
>>
>> I believe the source code is available per this link…
>>
>>
>> It looks like the code could be updated and re-released under another (completely different) name, Any takers for this task?
>>
>> 73,
>> KC8I - Lyn
>>
>> PS - The voice prompt quite working after a recent macOS update.
>>
>>
>>> On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:12 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry John finger trouble, its early here haha
>>> I meant to say RV e.g. my repeater is RV58
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> On 8 Mar 2017, at 08:07, John D Hays - K7VE <john@... <mailto:john@...>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I've not heard of DVU -- is this yet another linking system?
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:02 AM, leslie norton <gm4jnw@... <mailto:gm4jnw@...>> wrote:
>>>> The only issue I have is with Buster software as i use a Mac, there isn’t the number of channels that are available e.g.: any DVU channels, my local repeater is on DVU49.
>>>> I cannot find any DVU listed on Buster.
>>>> I haven’t tried any windows software as that would mean me buying windows to use just for D-star and dual booting.
>>>> Im in the UK
>>>>
>>>> Les
>>>> G4JNW
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> On 8 Mar 2017, at 03:08, Phil Thompson <n39w121@... <mailto:n39w121@...>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi Dave
>>>>>
>>>>> I have been using the ThumbDV with WinDV for over a year, first with a Windows 7 laptop.  The Windows 7 laptop decided to leave this earth and I replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10, the ThumbDV, WinDV and / or Windows 10 are not getting along, I have not been able to get on to D-Star. I will be glad to say more.
>>>>>
>>>>> Please let me know how you do.
>>>>>
>>>>> That's my short story
>>>>>
>>>>> Phil, W6PD
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> John D. HaysK7VE
>>>>
>>>> PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
>

-- 

John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

-- 

John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.