Re: Buster plist files

Lyn

O.K.

After scratching my head briefly, I renamed the .xml file by removing the .xml extension and the set of double quotes, so it now looks like a normal plist file. When I open it in Xcode now, it looks like my original plist.

Was that the correct approach?

Lyn

On Mar 8, 2017, at 3:14 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

A .plist is an XML file -- if you open it in xcode you get the table you see, if you open it with an editor you get the XML you see.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Lyn <radiokc8i@...> wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for addressing the plists update issue.

I’m trying to test your plist but I think i’m working above my pay grade - again.

I’m comparing my current plist file with the one I downloaded. They both open with Xcode by default. I edited my original plist just now using Xcode and it worked fine.

However, when I open the original .plist file, it appears as a table….

<Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 3.01.33 PM.png>

When I open the .html file that I downloaded, it shows the html code….

<Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 3.02.03 PM.png>

What should I do next?

73,
Lyn - KC8I

On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:24 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

I have a beta up generating the .plist files for DExtra on Buster.

I haven't had a chance to test, but wanted to make it available.

Save your old .plist files and you can swap in the files generated.

One is only reflectors, the other is reflectors plus gateways.

The XRX### reflector names are for XLX reflectors running xlxd as modified by VK4TUX (limited number currently -- try XRX060 for testing).

http://ar-dns.net  (to get plist files)
https://github.com/vk4tux/xlxd (Adrian's fork of xlxd for setting up a reflector)

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
I will look into providing new .plist files via http://ar-dns.net

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:14 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
I think the REF list gets pulled in when Buster authenticates with the DPLUS infrastructure.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Lyn <radiokc8i@...> wrote:
Thanks Dan. I’ll give it a try.

73,
Lyn - KC8I