Re: Buster plist files

Lyn

HI John,

The good news is that I have it working. It took some playing around though.

1.) To download the file, I went to http://ar-dns.net with Safari.
I clicked on the appropriate …Beta Test link
Safaria automatically downloaded the xml file with the name 'DExtraReflectors.plist’.xml
(Just noticed that the are single quote marks, not double)

2.) As I mentioned, I renamed the file as DExtraReflectors.plist by deleting the extraneous characters
Only then did Xcode open it and show the table format.

3.) I replaced the original .plist with this one
It seemed to work OK
However, one of the 4 XREFs I updated manually this morning would not connect
Comparing plists showed that XREF720 was not up to date in the download

4.) When I tried to edit the .plist in place I would not let me save the file due to permissions issues

5.) I edited the file in another location and then copied and pasted it into the proper location
Everything I tried works OK now, including XREF720.

73,
Lyn - KC8I

PS -  XREF link should be xrf720.freestar.us

On Mar 8, 2017, at 1:24 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

I have a beta up generating the .plist files for DExtra on Buster.

I haven't had a chance to test, but wanted to make it available.

Save your old .plist files and you can swap in the files generated.

One is only reflectors, the other is reflectors plus gateways.

The XRX### reflector names are for XLX reflectors running xlxd as modified by VK4TUX (limited number currently -- try XRX060 for testing).

http://ar-dns.net  (to get plist files)
https://github.com/vk4tux/xlxd (Adrian's fork of xlxd for setting up a reflector)

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
I will look into providing new .plist files via http://ar-dns.net

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:14 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
I think the REF list gets pulled in when Buster authenticates with the DPLUS infrastructure.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Lyn <radiokc8i@...> wrote:
Thanks Dan. I’ll give it a try.

73,
Lyn - KC8I