Re: HF DV:

Curt Mills, WE7U

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, bauerjv@... wrote:

I don't know that HF DV would have a value added for emcomm but FreeDV 700C is a new mode and I have heard it work when the waterfall was barely visible. The authors claim low SNR performance rivaling that of low signal level SSB.

i agree with Andrew in general using previous digital modes, but if 700C indeed performs as claimed, that view may now outdated.
Note that Codec2 is still being worked on and has several modes with different bit-rates. It may be too early yet to look for a solid implementation you can depend on for emcomm use.

--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Wiki: http://info.aprs.net/