Re: HF DV:

Eubank, Greg (MVA) <Greg.Eubank@...>

My initial thoughts are, that if there was a DV implementation that utilized Pactor Error detection and correction technology, that an HF DV protocol could theoretically be designed to provide similar performance of the Pactor method for Modulation/Demodulation.

From: Andrew O'Brien [mailto:andrewobrie@...]
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 02:55
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] HF DV:

While I would like this to succeed, the SNR required for digital voice on most HF bands is such that it renders DV as only useful between stations with a lot of power and/or really high gain antennas. Thus, use for Emcomm would be not widely adopted. IF software for HF DV use allowed access of an HF user into things like Dstar reflectors or call routing, that WOULD be useful for emcomm.

Andy K3UK

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Brad NK8J <bradnk8j@...> wrote:

Freedv  for voice or with icom dv (digital voice) dstar on HF

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017, 5:21 PM Eubank, Greg (MVA) <Greg.Eubank@...> wrote:

Do you have any plans for or is anyone presently working on an HF DV application?

73's

    - Greg –

KL7EV

--