Re: Questions regarding N7nix's installation instructions

Basil Gunn

So, using a clean install of 2016-05-23-compass.img onto a 32 GB SD,
and following the instructions provided

As it stands, only one packet has been received in the 30 minutes
that the system has be operating.
Tune your radio to 144.39. The 2M APRS frequency. That should give you
some traffic.

From what I can tell at present, I can't get a winlink password
without having a winlink client up running to get one.
Correct, thanks for pointing that out. So if you are a Winlink
newbie, just hit return for password & follow the Winlink
instructions.

Server FQDN?
So just what server fully qualified domain name are we
talking about here.
Use whatever host name you gave from the core install & add '.localnet'
eg. your_host_name.localnet

Finally, SSID, I take to be the name of one of my home wifi access
points, but "Bacon", who names their home networks "BACON".
I do. I like bacon & I'm a ham, a close relative to bacon. It has to
be different that any other AP in your home. Make something up you can
remember.

Let me know if my assumption is off base here.
All questions are good.

So, once I have some clarifications, on these particular items, I feel
comfortable proceeding with the of the paclink-unix setup.
I recommend you get the basic paclink-unix working first.

/Basil n7nix