Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance this evening, starting at 6PM Pacific Time (1AM Tuesday 10/22/2019 UTC), for two hours.
Been trying to get paclink-unix to work but it is a no-go. Am able to send via wl2ktelnet, but wl2kax25 has been failing pretty consistently with connection time outs to every contact site rmslist.sh as provided that I've tried so far. I'm monitoring the spectrum with gqrx connected to an rtl-sdr and it appears that I am successfully sending out packets from my yaesu ft857D.
I've set my freq to 144.390 and have seen a good number of APRS contacts, on the direwofl log tail. So I built xastir 2.0.9 from source. I started it and set the interface to AGWPE localhost:8000 and it was populating a map well. I didn't transmit my beacon though. I've tried sending messages out and I believe direwolf is getting the messages, they are not triggering the transmitter to transmit packets.
That pretty much sums up where I am, though it appears that either APRS traffic has fallen off greatly or I've somehow tweaked some setting because I am not seeing much displayed on xastir's map the past couple days.
I have another pi/direwolf/udrc setup that was not configured by your scripts. It is hooked up to one of my Baofeng HT's and it is transmitting, though I haven't gotten much incoming on it either and haven't connected with anyone.
I am hoping you'll be able to give me some ideas on how to troubleshoot things. I am pretty much lost at the moment.
Thanks for your time.