Re: Questions regarding N7nix's installation instructions

Peter Dahl, WA7FUS

Gayland,
I am having good success with my setup, installed with Basil’s scripts. Several miles away from me in Shoreline is W7AUX-10. Using wl2kax25 I connect to them on 145.05 successfully every time I try. Not being fluent in the default text editor installed with Mutt I edited .muttrc so that editor=nano. I have been able to send and receive Winlink messages.
Having a desire to relive the 80s when packet radio and bbs’s was the rage I downloaded, compiled, and installed Linpac, a split screen packet radio terminal program with many features. Dialing my ID880h to 145.01 and issuing the command, :connect sea, I flawlessly connect to the SEA packet node on Baldi Mt.
I have not yet figured out what to enter on the command line to tell Direwolf to change from 1200 to 9.6k baud. Have you discovered the command for this? I want to try to decode 9.6k xastir packets on 440.8 then see if I can get one of my local friends to try some 9.6k packet chat and file transfers like we used to do back in the day.

Be encouraged that the scripts Basil had written for us do create a working installation.

73,
Peter WA7FUS