Re: WinDV and windows 10

Pete N

The ThumbDV should just show up as a com port. WinDV talks to the AMBE vocoder through the com port but Windows itself has no idea what is on the 'other side' of the port.
I'm running it on an old Dell that I installed the Windows 10 preview in before the original release and have been using ever since through all the major updates with no problems. Also using on a couple of XP machines. I don't recall having to download drivers on either OS but if Windows doesn't find the right driver he should be able to download and install the FTDI driver. See http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/.
-KC2WI