Re: PIDV AMBEserver installation nightmare

Flavio,

Sorry you are having difficulties.  The response you are getting does not indicate that you are communicating with the PiDV.

I will try to get some time to write a better test program for the Pi.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Flavio VE2ZFP <fpohlmann2@...> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have tried to compile AMBEserver following the directions on the NWDR the old method  (deprecated), the new method suggested by VK4TUX
which has no make file when you use the github  link on the NWDR site.  It says it install the server in /usr/sbin when it install in /usr/bin instead.
I have tried to set up on three different Raspberry Pi's A, B and B+ I also tried  Compass Linux that says it comes per-installed
but you have to install all dependencies wiringPi etc..Does not work at all. It has worked once when I bought it back in 2014 but I had to format my SD card and reinstall everything
from scratch.  Is there an easy way to do it?  I'm giving up. I've spent so many hours on it I don't know anymore if it's worth it.
When I do sudo AMBEserverGPIO -i /dev/ttyAMA0 with or without the start I get
Reset DV3000
Wrote Reset 5 chars
AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x01AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x00AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x39.
Or using the old python method :
sudo ./dv3000d
dv3000d has been deprecated, please use AMBEserverGPIO for DV3000 or AMBEserver for DV3000U
Board is recognized
sudo python AMBEtest2.py
8
1