Re: PIDV AMBEserver installation nightmare

Ian

Flavio,

As it happens I am in the process of installing a project using my ThumbDV and part of the instructions to check

communication with the ThumbDV is :-

python AMBEtest3.py -n -s /dev/ttyUSB0
Setting ...
/dev/ttyUSB0
8
1
False
False
False

Reset
6100010033
Wrote: 5 bytes
a9
Product ID
6100010030
Wrote: 5 bytes
0AMBE3000R <-------------------------this
Version
6100010031
Wrote: 5 bytes
a11V120.E100.XXXX.C106.G514.R009.B0010411.C0020208 <-----and this
Set DSTAR Mode
61000c000a013007634000000000000048
Wrote: 17 bytes

this and this indicate communication to/from the ThumbDV.

I am using this on a RaspberryPi 2 with :-

Linux 4.1.19-v7+ #1 SMP Fri Mar 11 14:31:11 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hope this helps a little ?

Regards,

Ian..

On 14-09-2017 21:44, Flavio VE2ZFP wrote:
Hi everyone!
I have tried to compile AMBEserver following the directions on the
NWDR the old method (deprecated), the new method suggested by VK4TUX
which has no make file when you use the github link on the NWDR site.
It says it install the server in /usr/sbin when it install in
/usr/bin instead.
I have tried to set up on three different Raspberry Pi's A, B and B+ I
also tried Compass Linux that says it comes per-installed
but you have to install all dependencies wiringPi etc..Does not work
at all. It has worked once when I bought it back in 2014 but I had to
format my SD card and reinstall everything
from scratch. Is there an easy way to do it? I'm giving up. I've
spent so many hours on it I don't know anymore if it's worth it.
When I do sudo AMBEserverGPIO -i /dev/ttyAMA0 with or without the
start I get
Reset DV3000
Wrote Reset 5 chars
AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x01AMBEserver: unknown byte
from the DV3000, 0x00AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x39.
Or using the old python method :
sudo ./dv3000d
dv3000d has been deprecated, please use AMBEserverGPIO for DV3000 or
AMBEserver for DV3000U
Board is recognized
sudo python AMBEtest2.py
8