Re: No UDRC listed after aplay -l

Might want to move this discussion over to the subgroup at https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 2:45 PM, John Hays <k7ve@...> wrote:
It is not normal for the udrc to not be listed when you do an 'aplay -l' -- I am assuming you have completely removed power and reapplied it at some point.

If, by chance, you have another Pi 2 or 3 give it a go on it.  (Just move the microSD card and udrc).  If it still doesn't display, contact support@... for next steps.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Peter Schrader <vk4ea@...> wrote:

HI Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply, the micro-USB supply to the PI3 is 3A capable.

The instructions are not that precise on whether the UDRC requires a separate supply, did I miss something fundamental here?

Can I surmise that there are a few supply options

1.       UDRC draws power from the PI3 40way GPIO?

Yes

2.       PI3 is powered from the UDRC when 12VDC is connected to the +12V pad adjacent to the Dsub15 connector?

Yes

3.       Both are required?

No and not recommended that both be fed at the same time.

Cheers,

Peter – VK4EA

Director