Re: Processor architecture, gnuradio

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

In line.

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Darren Long <darren.long@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can we get any ideas on what processor architecture,

Marvell PXA168

amount of RAM and

Currently 256 MB, may be 512 MB in production, depending on price curve for memory

internal storage the device will have, please.

microSD - probably 4 GB. It is user replaceable (not recommended), but not easily accessed (internal) -- watch for tested Manufacturer / Model.  Not all microSD are recommended for a boot device. I have a 8 GB in my lab bench unit, loaded with a development chain (compiler, linker, libraries), OS, and many applications and haven't hit 2 GB yet.

Even the vaguest hints
are welcome at this stage. I'm wondering if gnuradio might find its way
in there somehow.

It is not a software defined radio.  Modulation is performed inside the RF-IC. We really like what SDR does, but for VHF/UHF+ digital modulation there are well known techniques and the RF-IC supports most of them. Using built-in modulators keeps part count and cost down.

Darren, G0HWW