Re: dstar-gw

Ken Jamrogowicz

This is a replacement for a "freestar*" install that used a version of g2_ircDDB which allowed the "Owner" of the gateway (the call registered with ircDDB) to be different than the call sign of the repeater.  I think this feature was mainly aimed at hot spots, but it allowed us to share a gateway between two repeaters that had different call signs.  N4USI appeared as W4BRM-C from the Internet side (for example on the ircDDB "heard' list).  On the air, users entered N4USI-C and N4USI-G to access the gateway as you indicate. They don't "know" that they are using W4BRM-C unless they looked online.

I tested changing the call sign of the repeater to W4BRM and now I do show up in the last heard list - so I guess this gateway does not allow the different repeater/gateway call signs to be used (like my old one).

The problem here is that N4USI is registered as a US Trust call sign, so I cannot register it as an ircDDB gateway call sign.  Yet I would like to use it on the air as before.   To use W4BRM-C I would have to make changes with the local repeater coordinating council and all repeater directory sources (etc).

Do you suppose I can just drop an email to the ircDDB folks?