Re: Live Streaming of Microhams Digital Conference 2018

As I said, I am only passing along information.

Past history shows that talks may be moved around -- I got a note from N7IPB that he will be unable to speak, so there will probably be a substitute.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:28 AM, John Spitznagel <jspitznagel@...> wrote:
John,

Thanks for allowing this and thanks to KU7M for doing live play.

Is it possible to post an approximate schedule for the talks?

Will the be recorded and available on youtube afterward?

Thanks in advance.

Jack KD4IZ

On Mar 23, 2018, at 12:40, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Live Streaming of Microhams Digital Conference 2018

http://www.microhams.com/2018/03/22/mhdc-2018-live-stream/

Tomorrow, Saturday, 3/24/2018 is the MHDC-2018 – this conference sold out immediately last January and many people who wanted to attend were unable to get tickets.

KU7M – Kenny Richards, will be live streaming the event.  All times are US Pacific Daylight Savings Time (UTC-7).  Use the above link to find the live stream on YouTube.

Current Speaker List :

Joe Taylor– We are pleased to announce that Professor Joe Taylor, K1JT will be speaking at this year’s conference.  Joe is Professor Emeritus of Physics at Princeton, Nobel Laureate and author of the JT digital modes.

Bryan Hoyer– One of the conference’s past presenters, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR of NW Digital Radio  , will be giving a talk on “The APRS of Things” and demonstrating their newest products.

John Langner–  WB2OSZ, the author of the Direwolf sound card TNC will be speaking.

Ken Koster – N7IPB will present using SvxLink to connect a network of 220 repeaters in the Pacific Northwest. SvxLink runs on a linux computer and provides a custom dual radio interface for FM voice repeater control and linking over the Internet. Ken will provide an overview of how a mix of repeaters are connected via RFLinks and the Internet, as well as the real-time status information available via the web.

Alex Schwarz– VE7DXW the developer of the RF-Seismograph and MDSR will present the results of the RF-Noise monitoring experiment during the solar eclipse and the turbulent solar activity (including the strongest X-Ray flare in 30 years) that followed.

Guus van Dooren– PE1PLM Entrepreneur and creator of DVMEGA.  Guus will discuss the latest D-Star developments.

[Note; I am simply sharing the information and will not be able to provide any technical or logistical assistance.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1sWCtVzzak

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA