locked Re: D-STAR AT DAYTON HAMVENTION(R) 2018

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Ultimately, somebody has to speak to the unpopular things. Sure, its
a lot of noise, but at the end of the day, the rules say something to
the effect of "no coded transmissions" and "no pecuniary interest".

I "get" what he's saying/trying to do and I appreciate that somebody
is carrying the torch.

How many of us have an iPad 1 that is just about completely useless
these days? Imagine if it was an open platform and you could load a
functional OS on it and keep on browsing the internet and playing
videos? (Without being labeled a criminal)

I have enough dead apple gear sitting on shelves that I won't buy
anymore of it, even if I have to pay extra to get something from
somebody else.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Tony <w7efs@...> wrote:
It appeared to me that someone had an AMBE "chip" on their shoulder, and it
isn't you, Bob.

On 04/30/2018 10:19 AM, w6kd via Groups.Io wrote:

I'm always amused when somebody comes in and, throwing around the nebulus
"spirit of ham radio" as if they were appointed the High Priest of The
Spirit by Hiram Percy Maxim himself, proposes to tell the rest of us how it
is.

This sort of absolutism serves no useful purpose in the real
world...certainly the thousands of us using many kinds of gear with all
sorts of proprietary or patented ICs embedded (DSP chips, GPS modules,
signal processors, etc) aren't particularly worried about what the Grinch of
Ham Radio thinks or says.

Regards

Bob, W6KD