locked Re: D-STAR AT DAYTON HAMVENTION(R) 2018

hdk1220@...

Thank you

Harvey
Harvey Kolodner
WA3GTL

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018, 2:32 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
People can carry their torch all they want -- the point is, NW Digital Radio is not the inventor of D-STAR or AMBE and this is just unwarranted noise here.  I don't want people to unsubscribe from this list, which is a communication vehicle for NW Digital Radio company and their users, for too much noise.

As pointed out, all sorts of proprietary technology is in every modern piece of equipment we use.  Remember, even FM and SSB were patented (proprietary technology).

If people want to continue this debate, please move it to an appropriate list.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
Ultimately, somebody has to speak to the unpopular things.  Sure, its
a lot of noise, but at the end of the day, the rules say something to
the effect of "no coded transmissions" and "no pecuniary interest".

I "get" what he's saying/trying to do and I appreciate that somebody
is carrying the torch.

How many of us have an iPad 1 that is just about completely useless
these days?  Imagine if it was an open platform and you could load a
functional OS on it and keep on browsing the internet and playing
videos? (Without being labeled a criminal)

I have enough dead apple gear sitting on shelves that I won't buy
anymore of it, even if I have to pay extra to get something from
somebody else.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Tony <w7efs@...> wrote:
> It appeared to me that someone had an AMBE "chip" on their shoulder, and it
> isn't you, Bob.

Director