Re: MMDVM & UDRC

Jonathan Naylor

Hi All

I don’t have a Compass Linux up and running yet so I built it on a standard Linux box with the WiringPi header added.

In MMDVM.cpp you will see two strings, “READ” and “WRITE” or similar. These need to be replaced with the Compass Linux UDRC ALSA sound devices. If someone could do a pull request with that info and the missing library, I’d appreciate it.

To use it, you need to use a pseudo tty to link it to the host, and have one end of the pseudo tty on the command line. It will run as a daemon if you pass -daemon on the command line.

It’s untested, but closely related to the latest MMDVM firmware.

Jonathan G4KLX

On Saturday, May 5, 2018, 05:49, Tony <w7efs@...> wrote:

Thank you, it compiles successfully with that library addition to the Makefile.

Hopefully we'll soon receive some guidance on how to make the resulting executable MMDVM work with the UDRC-II. Does it replace one of the existing components dstarrepeaterd or ircddbgatewayd, perhaps via symlink? Where is the "more sensible configuration file"? Enquiring minds would like to know, as there's no man page and no "make install", only a usage message.

On 05/04/2018 01:59 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
I don’t see a -lwiringPi in the link command you have cut/pasted.

— Anna

On May 4, 2018, at 10:32 AM, Rich KR4PI <rich.schnieders@...> wrote:

I ran into the same issue trying to compile on Compass Wilderness from March 2018.

Rich, KR4PI