Re: UDRX ???

Paul Johnson

I don't know why your condescending quip at the end of your reply.
NWD asked all to "keep the faith" for a product that would provide
high speed data capability and be OS user friendly. A big loss to
the Amateur Radio packet radio community with the UDRX-440 concept
being dropped.

Paul VE7DHM

On Thu, 2018-05-10 at 05:50 +0000, Jonathan Naylor via Groups.Io wrote:
The UDRX has quadrature inputs and outputs it seems and if the TX
chain is linear then we have something very impressive indeed. It will
be capable of *any* mode that fits in its bandwidth including SSB and
CW!

If you want plug and play then I suggest you’re in the wrong hobby,
may I suggest CB?

Jonathan G4KLX

On Thursday, May 10, 2018, 05:13, Paul Johnson <ve7dhm@...> wrote:

UDRX = a still birth = so sad! 1200 baud packet radio 30 years

old in the PNW. I was looking forward to the UDRX as the next

generation to carry the mode forward as a plug and play
Amateur

Radio RADIO NETWORK device. Thanks for confirming the last
nail

in the coffin for this project.....I can now stop waiting!

Paul VE7DHM

On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 09:48 -0700, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

> Marc -- the UDRX project had languished for too long and has
been

> discontinued. The current focus of NW Digital Radio is
outlined here

> -- http://nwdigitalradio.com/2018-state-of-the-union/

> This decision was not taken lightly. Rest assured we are
still

> interested in providing solutions in the space that the UDRX

> envisioned and we will have future products in the space,
but likely

> taking a different approach.

> Right now we are working on projects outlined in the "State
of the

> Union", some of which will be available for view at
Hamvention in a

wrote:

> I see on the website that the UDRX is no longer
listed. What