Using the UDRC-II with Dire Wolf for Winlink packet radio communications

Chris - KC9AD

At this year's MicroHAMS Digital Conference, I attended John Langner's talk on Dire Wolf. I was led to believe that the Dire Wolf modem would enable Winlink packet on the Raspberry Pi + UDRC combination (aka Digi-Pi). But implementation details were sketchy, at least for me. So I did some Internet searching and experimentation, and I came up with some scattered bits of information that I put together to write this:

http://www.doutre.org/acs/rpi-packet.pdf

I make no claims to its completeness or accuracy. It works for me. If it helps you to advance the state of your art, pass it on. 73.

Chris KC9AD