Re: XC-3006 First Look

N9UMJ

John

Thank You for that claification..It would have been nice to have seen that before I stuck my foot in my mouth.

I'm still very interested in pursuing the project, but having trouble finding information directly related to the XC-3006 and what it is completely capable of doing.

I've already been to the sites you posted and have been going over the information,  but have several questions about the board but not found much discussion or files related to the device.

I rarely post for help unless I have trouble finding the information, I'm looking for, Suppose I was expecting to find a forum just for the XC-3006 discussion.

We are in the process of building a statewide multi mode digital linked repeater network with 9 high profile sites already running on digital 7  on Analog covering 2/3 of our state with plans of covering all over to digital/Analog and 3 new sites being constructed in the next few months with my company providing tower sites.and WiFi to the sites and this is one of many components the build.

This was my first purchase from NWdigital and had past purchasing experience with the company or its products.
I will.say that there are several other products that we are considering from Nw digital for this project and others and have gotten very good references on your products.
 Doug Gooden knew about our projects refered me to you for the XC-3006 to make sure I got in before the production deadline.

That's why I was under the assumption that it was a NW Digital product and project.

Thank You again for your reply and claification.

Rick Nicholson  n9umj

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018, 1:52 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Let me be very clear.

NW Digital Radio built and distributed the hardware (boards) for the XLX group, on the understanding that all software support for ambed and the XLX reflector system would come from the XLX group.

NW Digital Radio fully supports it's products to the extent that they are NW Digital Radio's design and construction. The XC-3006/USB-3006 was not designed by NW Digital Radio, it was designed by  Jean-Luc Deltombe  (LX3JL) who is one of the principals behind the XLX system.  NW Digital Radio assisted by using their manufacturing capability to make the boards available to the community, as a one time build. (It is not a regular product of NW Digital Radio)

NW Digital Radio warrants the boards for 90 days for any manufacturing defects.  The boards that have shipped have all been run through the ambedtest and passed.

Information on where to get software support is stated here:  http://nwdigitalradio.com/xc-3006-full-build/

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM, N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:

I'm a little disappointed that NW Digital isn't more supportive with documentation than they are?

Director