Re: XC-3006 First Look

Try pressure on one side of the power plug to make contact.

You can use lsusb to see USB devices.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 07:42 Mike - KB8ZGL <wolthuis@...> wrote:

Ok, I will double check…

Thanks John.

No FTDI showing in dmesg.  Note, this was working with the two dongles, I did recompile ambed to make sure it was the latest.  It is acting like the device is not there.

I’ll try connecting to my laptop.  Maybe wrong power plug, maybe smaller yet than what I used.

Mike

From: <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of John Hays <john@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 10:38 AM
To: <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] XC-3006 First Look

No lights. Make sure the center pin is in contact.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 07:29 Mike - KB8ZGL <wolthuis@...> wrote:

Are there any lights on the unit?  I have 9V adapter now feeding mine (center positive), but ambed is not detecting any devices.

Mike

Kb8zgl

From: <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> on behalf of Lloyd Duck <lduck1974@...>
Date: Monday, June 11, 2018 at 5:11 PM
To: <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>

I did the same with an old 12v 1.2a power wallwart I had and drilled out the two holes for the case. The screws were just for the lid to the case so the board flops around inside the case some.

 Performance wise it’s working great! I still kept the two thumbdv’s plugged in and have 8 channels transcoding now.

Thanks NWdigital!

Lloyd

W5LND

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 8:18 PM <raymond.strickoff@...> wrote:

For power I whacked the end off an old 5v 2a power brick for a USB hub and wired it directly into the 12v side of a molex connector inside the machine running XLX and ambed.

After that I dug deeper in the envelope it came in and found the plug and screws.