Re: UDRC-II to Alinco DR-135TMKIII

Steve Stroh

I agree with Kenny, but one "trick" is to ensure that the PS/2
extension cable you pick has all 6 pins wired through. Not all the
pins are used on a PS/2 mouse or keyboard, so some extension cable
vendors don't include the "unneeded" wires. The more reputable vendors
usually specify that yes, their PS/2 extension cables DO have all six
wires.

Another "trick" for the D-9 connector end is that you can buy
connectors that use crimped pins, which is all I use nowadays. Once
you've used crimp pins rather than soldered, you never go back. Quick
Amazon lookup: https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-D-Sub-Standard-Crimp-Plated/dp/B007R2JEI8

Steve N8GNJ

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:56 AM Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Brian,

This is a fairly easy cable to make. Find a keyboard extension cable with all the wires connected on the mini-6din, cut off one side and solder to the DB9 connector for the DR-135. I don't like trying to make the mini-din side, but soldering to the DB9 isn't to difficult.

73,
Kenny, KU7M
--
Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh@...