Re: Update ?!

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Hi Bruce,

We have a lot of parallel work going on right now.

In hardware engineering we're working through some updates for the next run of alpha/beta boards. These updates are aimed at making the UDR56K-4 one solid platform, whether for plug and play deployment or for development and experimentation.

On the software and application side we are focusing on first deliverables for AX.25 and D-STAR.  We have an ever increasing number of use cases and associated applications to consider.  As we get closer to delivery we will provide a series of application notes to help integrators and experimenters to explore, prepare, and deliver solutions.

Some of the topics we will provide notes for include:
  • Bridging AX.25, D-STAR, and other data services through the UDR, including IP networking, position reporting, and messaging.
  • Using an external TNC and radio attached via USB serial to the UDR to provide dual-band, multi-speed AX.25/APRS applications
  • Using an external Node Adapter and radio attached to the UDR to provide a two "module" D-STAR gateway.
  • Using a cluster of UDRs to extend coverage for D-STAR and/or data networks.
  • ...

So if you aren't seeing a lot from NW Digital Radio on the list(s), its mainly that we're "head's down" getting the UDR56K-4 prepared for distribution.

Thank you for pinging us, and as always everyone is welcome to post their questions and ideas to this list.  I will try to respond in a timely manner.

We hope everyone is having a great summer.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM, bruce.given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
group has been quiet for a bit , John any updates or are the developers just busy developing away ?!....

Just wanted to see how things are going

regards
Bruce
VE2GZI