Re: ThumbDV + DMR + Mac?

Mike - KB8ZGL <wolthuis@...>

So, one thought, not sure who has played with it. Many of the XLX reflectors (ie. XLX004 A - that I run) has a transcoder (produced by NWDR) on it. Thus XLX004 A is really MI5 SW2 DMR.

I just downloaded Buster (thanks for the headsup on that) and have it tied to my network DV3000. I connected to XLX004 A and am transcoding D-STAR to DMR.... Lots of testing yet, but it is fun.

Mike
Kb8zgl

On 8/1/18, 1:28 PM, "Steve Stroh" <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io on behalf of steve.stroh@...> wrote:

Apologies for my inadvertently conflating Buster and NWDR's products.

In my reply, I was specifically referring to (but not being explicit
about) products made (or proposed) by NWDR, such as the late, and very
lamented UDRX radio, and overall explaining that NWDR seems very
cautious about DMR.

In talks he's given over the years, Bryan K7UDR was asked several
times if the UDRX would support digital voice modes such as D-Star,
DMR, P25, etc. Bryan explained the issue with Motorola asserting
various patents relating to DMR, and then said that because of that,
NWDR wouldn't, itself, be supporting DMR, but that with the right
software (NOT supplied by NWDR), its products could do DMR... the
entire point of open source software.

Thanks,

Steve N8GNJ

--