There is a UDRC version of the MMDVM for all modes and DMR is DMO mode only.

Also I think if someone did a DMR version of the D-Star Dummy Repeater, that not being RF TDMA, it’d probably fall outside of all of their IP anyway.

Jonathan G4KLX

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 21:03, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Eubank, Greg (MVA) <Greg.Eubank@...> wrote:
I believe that DMR is not the issue, but infringing on the Motorola PROPRIETARY version of DMR (Called Moto TRBO) is the issue at hand.  There are several other flavors of DMR, DMR Tier-1 and Tier-2, which I believe do NOT infringe on the TRBO patent.  Please correct me if I am WRONG,

- Greg -

-----Original Message-----
From: main@.... io [mailto:main@nw-digital-radio. groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Stroh
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 9:10 AM
To: main@.... io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] ThumbDV + DMR + Mac?

Mike:

NWDR has discussed this several times in talks that I've attended, that implementing a DMR compatible mode for Thumb DV and their other voice codec products is fraught with peril over patent issues by Motorola, and thus they don't intend to directly support DMR.

If it were me in your situation, I'd buy one of the small hotspots that support multiple voice modes that include DMR. It's not that much more to carry, and it's plug and play, unlike a Raspberry Pi solution.
I'd get one that supports Ethernet so you can just plug it into your Mac's Ethernet port when it's on Wi-Fi.

Steve N8GNJ