ThumbDV and Mac OS

Dick Herrick

Folks, I'm new to this site and D-Star, so I know I need to get education from many available sources.  In the meantime, I have the unit, and the notes on this company's website don't seem to help too much.   Didn't find anything for Mac on YouTube either.  NWDigital said ...

Buster works with the native FTDI driver supplied by Apple.

So where is this "native" driver from Apple?  I downloaded Buster, and there was a link to FTDI for a driver.  However, that appears to be code (SUDO) that I would need to enter manually.  Is that how it's supposed to work?

Thanks for any info you can provide ...

DIck
K8WWN (57 years a ham)