Re: ThumbDV and Mac OS

Dick Herrick

Thanks, Kenny, for the rapid response.

I have a recent MacBook Pro laptop.  I’m an experienced Mac user from the “early days."

I did download from the App Store.

I believe I had the ThumbDV in the USB port BEFORE I downloaded and launched the Buster app.

Perhaps the wrong sequence.

After that, I”ll need to see how to populate the fields in the Buster window.  Again, I admit I need more education on this, and there are many places for it.

CW is so much easier !!!!!!

Thanks again.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:58 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Dick,

Did you install Buster via the Apple App Store or did you download the code from GitHub?  The installation process should roughly go like this:

1) Launch App store, search for Buster and install it. (It is a free app)

2) Plug the ThumbDV into a USB port on your Mac.

3) Launch Buster

Buster's default config should select the ThumbDV automatically. Like the NWDigital Site says, the necessary FTDI driver (which is a USB to serial port driver) is included with the MacOS installations. (At least for the last three, not sure before El Captain)

Thanks

Kenny