Re: ThumbDV and Mac OS

Dick Herrick

Ha!  Of course you would have the answer as the author of the software.

It did indeed recognize the ThumbDV and the vocoder.  Is this something I would need to do every time or just an initial situation?

Blessings, and thanks for your creativity …

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Aug 9, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

Dick —

Start up Buster
Go to the Preferences pane, and select the Vocoder tab.
Make sure there is a device selected in the dropdown.
Change the baud rate to 460800
Wait 1 second.
Remove the ThumbDV from the USB port
Wait 1 second
Replaced the ThumbDV in the USB port.
The Version fields should populate.  This shows that Buster is talking to the ThumbDV.

— Anna, NH6Z

On Aug 9, 2018, at 5:07 AM, Dick Herrick via Groups.Io <rjherrickpe@...> wrote:

GM.

Mac “sees” the ThumbDV
I’ve entered the reflector REF001 C to get started.
Preferences for Buster says “Vocoder not found”
Buster window shows a list of contacts with “Your” saying CQCQCQ which makes it look like I am calling.
I hear nothing coming out of the Mac.
I’ve Unlinked at this point.

I think the vocoder not being found is an issue.

Dick Herrick, BEE, PE
rjherrickpe@...

(Office) 704-509-2882
(Cell)    704-995-1522

On Aug 8, 2018, at 11:53 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Dick,

I forgot to mention something. To connect to a reflector, hit the "+" button on the lower right side of the screen and enter the reflector to connect to. To busy ones are REF001 C (So REF001 on the left box and select C on the drop down to the right) and then add.  When it is added to your list, double click on it to have Buster connect.

Thanks

Kenny