Re: DRAWS

Chris - KC9AD

I just discovered recently (Thank you Peter) that my IC-7000 has a compatible 6-pin mini-DIN connector. I tested it with FSQ-6 using my existing UDRC-II and it worked. Next to be tested is 9600 Packet Winlink using Dire Wolf.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Vodall
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 5:10 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS

I just read the Product Brief. What rigs use those 6-pin mini-DIN connectors? I'm thinking Yaesu FT-817 and newer? How about connecting it to an Elecraft KX3/PX3 system? Is it compatible?
Here's the start of a list of radios. Even after all these years -
the radio is still the big problem for ham data...

https://groups.io/g/nwaprs/wiki/Radios-for-Packet

Having seen early slides at the NWAPRS SG presentation I will assume
9600 packet data is a design requirment.

73
Bill, WA7NWP